WELCOME TO THE BAND
As you are aware by now, this year is different due to the COVID-19 virus. We have modified our general requirements below to reflect what is known to date. Additional information will be provided throughout the year through this website and the application BAND. Please fill out the form below to get the band app on your mobile device. Also, have your parent or guardian visit our parent's page so they can sign up for the Band app too. It is the best way to stay informed about what is happening on a daily basis. Below the Band App form is a medical form that must be filled out by all students that are in band. Please fill out the form online and we will have your parent sign it when they come to the first parent meeting.
Please click the buttons below and fill out the forms. Please print each filled out form and sign each form.
Once signed, please scan the forms and upload the signed forms using the fields below. If you cannot scan the form, please send the signed and completed forms to the attention of the Band Director or Color Guard Coordinator at Wekiva High School.
Here is some general information for band members to know:
- There are 3 levels of band. Concert Band, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band. Anyone participating in Concert or Wind Ensemble must participate in Marching Band, unless they obtain an exemption from administration.
- There is one Colorguard group.
- Band camp has been CANCELED.
- The quasi-ice breaker to welcome new band members has been cancelled until further notice.
- IT IS REQUIRED THAT ALL MARCHING BAND STUDENTS MUST GET A PHYSICAL TO PARTICIPATE IN BAND
- There is a reasonable band fee that is easily paid by participation in band fundraisers. You may also pay your fees monthly so there isn't a big lump sum due at marching season.
- Uniform jacket, overalls/bibs, shako/hat, 1 pair of shoes and 2 pairs of gloves are provided by school (with COVID-19 this uniform will probably not be worn this year). An alternate uniform of show shirts, shorts, drawstring sports pack, and hat/visor is included as part of the dues. Students must take this uniform home and clean it between performances. You are responsible for:
- Socks, sun tan lotion, bug spray, and school-approved medicines.
- Marching season practices are Tuesday and Thursday after school from 3:00pm to 5:30 or 6:00pm during marching season, but are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
- You must join the Band app to get up to the date information about the events the band is attending.
- Additional special practice sessions will be on either Tuesday or Thursday after school in preparation of Concert Band MPAs and various concerts throughout the year. Advanced notice will be provided on the website and through the Band app.
The Wekiva High School Band has three (3) uniforms for performances. Sizing for items provided by the program (whether loaned or given) is done during band camp. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU ATTEND BAND CAMP! Students must provide the black, mid-calf socks required for uniforms.
Show Shirts & Shorts
The show shirt & shorts consist of a wicking crew neck shirt with the season's show design and wekiva high shorts. Adjustable hats/vizors and draw string sports packs are also provided. The shirt, shorts, hats and sports packs are provided every year. Shirts and shorts are worn underneath the marching uniform. Two (2) pairs of gloves are included with student's band dues. Additional pairs may be purchased at the uniform room as needed. Black, mid-calf socks required.
The marching uniform is a traditional style uniform with jacket, bibbers (pants), and a hat/shako. The hat, jacket, and bibbers are loaned to the students for games and competitions. Uniforms are housed at the school and students must show up early on game days and competitions to obtain their uniform for the event. Uniform parts are school property. You are responsible for lost or damaged uniforms. Two (2) pairs of gloves are included. Additional pairs may be purchased. Black, mid-length socks required.
The concert uniform consists of black dress pants with a black, long-sleeved dress shirt and must be provided by the students. Girls may wear a black dress with he skirt below the knee and no slits The students are responsible for wearing close-toed black dress shoes (or black marching shoes) with black socks. Please note that Jazz Band wears the concert uniform.
The Wekiva High Colorguard has three (3) uniforms for performances. Sizing for items provided by the program (whether loaned or given) is done during band camp. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU ATTEND BAND CAMP! Students must provide the stocking required for uniforms. Base makeup and makeup wipes are the responsibility of the student. The program will provide the design actual makeup for the performance.
Show Shirts & Shorts
The show shirt & shorts consist of a wicking crew neck shirt with the season's show design and wekiva high shorts. Adjustable hats/vizors and draw string sports packs are also provided. The shirt, shorts, hats and sports packs are provided every year. Black, mid-calf socks required. Students must provide black shoes for this uniform or can purchase a pair through the band.
The marching uniform and shoes are provided by the program and are on loan. Uniforms are housed at the school and students must show up early on game days/outdoor competitions to obtain their uniform for the event. Uniform parts are school property. You are responsible for lost or damaged uniforms. Hair and makeup will be determined by the show requirements .
The indoor competition uniform is determined by the show for that year and is on loan. Competition black uniforms are the responsibility of the students and include, but are not limited to, black shorts, black tights, black shirt, and black sweats (cut to mid calf). Indoor footwear is not required (students are barefoot). Mr McKee will provide requirements to students at the appropriate time.